Undergraduate Catalog 2005- 2006

Readmission of Former Students

All students in academic good standing who withdraw voluntarily are eligible to return. A Reentry Form must be filed with the Office of Admissions well in advance of the intended reentry date.

Students not in good standing-who have voluntarily withdrawn or were dismissed for poor academic performance or whose GPA is less than 2.0 (overall and at the University at Buffalo)-must file the Reentry Form and a petition for readmission. The Scholastic Standards Committee will review the requests on the basis of data demonstrating that the students are able to progress satisfactorily toward the completion of their degree programs.

Fresh Start

Fresh Start provides a means by which students who previously earned poor grades while attending college may obtain "academic forgiveness" so that their GPA can be recomputed and they can complete a degree successfully. With the help of an academic advisor, interested students must file a written petition to be accommodated under this policy. The prior record must have been earned at least five years before a student requests application of the policy, and a break in attendance at UB or another postsecondary institution of at least two years must have occurred prior to admission or readmission.