Undergraduate Catalog 2005- 2006

Financial Aid and Study Abroad

To be considered for financial aid, students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. They must also be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits and be matriculated in a degree program in which all credits earned will be applied to degree requirements. Students who are currently receiving financial aid are probably eligible for financial assistance for the term abroad.

When participating in a UB- or four-year SUNY school-sponsored program, students can apply the financial aid package (excluding work-study) to the costs of the study abroad program. For students participating in a program sponsored by an out-of-state school, there may be portions of the financial aid that cannot be applied to the out-of-state programs.