Undergraduate Catalog 2005- 2006

Registration for Non-SUNY Study Abroad Programs

University at Buffalo students electing to participate in non-SUNY study abroad programs are required to register through the UB Study Abroad Programs office. Students will be registered for a 0-credit hour Overseas Programs (OPR) course for the semester(s) of their participation. Students who will be abroad during the fall and/or spring semesters will also be registered for a leave of absence if they meet all leave of absence criteria. Registration for non-SUNY study abroad programs should be done as far in advance as possible once a student has decided to participate in the program. Study Abroad Programs keeps these students informed of events of importance to them while abroad, including U.S. government travel advisories for U.S. citizens, updates on events of relevance here at UB, and other pertinent information.

Students participating in a non-SUNY study abroad program should seek academic advisement prior to the semester the program is to begin. Students should also verify with the Office of Admissions prior to departure that the University at Buffalo will accept transfer credit from the institution/organization awarding the transcript for their intended study abroad program.

Upon conclusion of the overseas program, students are required to submit official transcripts from those institutions of academic work completed during the leave period. Such transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions no later than the last day of the sixth week of the returning semester.