Undergraduate Catalog 2005- 2006

Registration for UB and SUNY Study Abroad Programs

All University at Buffalo students studying abroad through UB or any SUNY school, as well as non-SUNY students participating in a University at Buffalo Study Abroad or Exchange Program, are registered by the UB Study Abroad Programs office for the academic credit hours to be earned during their studies abroad.

To be registered for a UB or SUNY study abroad program, a Study Abroad Registration Form provided by the UB study abroad office must be completed and submitted to Study Abroad Programs, University at Buffalo, 210 Talbert Hall, Buffalo, New York 14260-1604. Upon receipt of this form, the study abroad office will register the student in Overseas Programs (OPR) courses. Students should not preregister for any courses themselves. Fall, spring, or academic-year participants are nominally registered for 16 credit hours. This keeps these students in full-time status for billing and financial aid purposes, although the classes they actually complete abroad may represent more or less than 16 credit hours. When the actual credit hours taken and grades earned are received for the study abroad program, the number of credit hours will be corrected to reflect the number actually completed by the study abroad participant. Summer study abroad students will be registered for the number of hours they indicate on the Study Abroad Registration Form.