Readmission of Former Students

All students in academic good standing who withdraw voluntarily are eligible to return. A Re-Entry Form must be filed with the Office of Admissions well in advance of the intended re-entry date.

Students not in good standing—who have voluntarily withdrawn or were dismissed for poor academic performance or whose GPA is less than 2.0 (overall and at the University at Buffalo)—must file the Re-Entry Form and a petition for readmission. The Scholastic Standards Committee will review the requests on the basis of data demonstrating that the students are able to progress satisfactorily toward the completion of their degree programs. Information about Second Chance, UB’s academic forgiveness policy, can be found in the Grading section of this catalog.

Last updated: