Transfer Course Work

Once enrolled at university, UB students should discuss plans to take courses at another post-secondary institution with an academic advisor in advance of course registration. Most degree-level courses from regionally accredited institutions will transfer with credit to the university. However, a faculty-approved articulation decision is needed to identify transferred courses that will apply toward major requirements. Prior approval to use transferred courses toward general education requirements should be obtained from an advisor. Course articulation to UB courses and degree requirements for courses at more than 2,500 colleges and universities is available on UB’s transfer course articulation website, TAURUS.

Students can transfer credit to UB by arranging to have official transcripts sent from their previous institutions to the Office of Admissions, University at Buffalo, 12 Capen Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260-1660.

Last updated: